Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia OZ700...first impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Textralia OZ700...first impressions...

Just got the Textralia installed last Thursday. This clutch rocks.

I was having problems with my stock clutch/hydraulics. After running the car hard from 1st through 3rd, the pedal would stick to the floor. I attempted to siphon the fluid out of the reservoir and put in fresh stuff since I was unable to get a socket or a wrench on the bleeder. The fluid was staying pretty clean in the reservoir after about 20 cycles...but when i pulled all the hydraulics off, the fluid in the master cyl, braided line, and slave cyl was still very black. After pulling the tranny out, the flywheel and pressure plate were both hot spotted. The best 60' I could get on the stock one was 1.80 and it would slip into 2nd, and sometimes 3rd. This was on 275/50/15 M/T Drag Radials.

Last week I put a Textralia with a RAM adj master and the updater slave cylinder. I used the Valvoline Synthetic brake fluid and had no problems bleeding it out w/o a mighty vac. If anyone is considering the RAM master cyl, be prepared to do some modification to the heim joint so it fits the stud of the clutch pedal propely. The ball in the heim is too wide and does not allow the clip to go back into the groove on the stud.

Anyway...first impressions...

This clutch grabs! The pedal engagement is about 1.5" off the floor and it has very little chatter. It is tough to slip compared to a stock clutch. I put about 200 miles on it in stop and go driving conditions before getting on it. At first I didnt know if I would like it until I shifted 1-4 hard.....there is no comparison between this and a stock clutch, lol. It grabs instantly and doesnt let go...granted, I'm only putting 365/355 to the wheels, but the stock clutch was having trouble with that.

I dont have any experience with less expensive clutches such as the SPECs or more expensive clutches like teh McLeod...but I have about 700 miles on this one already and I'm totally happy with it (other than the fact that it grabs so hard the ET Radials are useless). I have yet to hear anything bad about the Textralias and they have another satisfied customer.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what 60' times u cuttin on that clutch now???
Old 07-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just turned 11000 miles on mine in 2 years and still love it. Grabs like a ****.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:48 AM
12 Second Club

i dont have any 60' times because the drag radials do not hook. i only got 3 runs at the track and it spun every time launching from 4500 like i did witht he stock clutch.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Umm you can dead hook et radials at your power level. Have buddies using them on much higher power level than your car. Try lowering pressure and heating them up. Or try launching way lower like 2000 rpm and let the clutch out as you put it full to the floor but more gradually. If I launch high on my nittos I get huge bog. Course not sure what gears you have in that dana. I have crappy 3.42s in the stock rear end.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

i was dead hooking with the stock clutch, the problem was there were street tire cars going through the water box...and my et radials are bald and i would have thought they would hook better but they didnt. they didnt throw off much smoke compared to a new set.

i have 4.10s and i was lauching the way i did with the stock clutch...and it wasnt working, so i have some learning to do. i plpan to go to an actual test-n-tune day and i know i can do better than my first time out.