Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Some T56 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some T56 problems

So a while back i thought that my clutch wasn't disengaging all the way... well i found out that the clutch inst the problem. But what is happening is that sometimes i cant put it in reverse and it grinds bad. i also know that i cant shift into 5th at high rpms at all. Sometimes if I'm on flat ground and its in neutral and i try to put it in 1st the car wants to roll forward... OR it doesn't go in at all. Sometimes it doesn't let me put it in 2nd when I'm stopped either. When it does work its VERY notchy. I was wondering if a rebuild kit would help at all. I don't really know anything about trannys so any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

How do you figure that it isn't clutch related? You just said that the car rolls forward when you put it in gear with the clutch disengaged. That right there rules out the transmission for that problem. You very well could have a worn out pilot bearing also.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah thats what confuses me... if i put it in gear from a stop and it doenst roll, i can lift the pedal a little bit before the car wants to move. Other times it wants to roll for the initial second that i put it in gear. but after it rolls that 1/4 foot it stops.