Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slave not disengaging clutch HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default slave not disengaging clutch HELP!!!

my car wouldnt shift out of second when i was leavin the other day. so i shut it off and it when right into gear. so i figured it was the slave cylinder. so i took it back home took the slave off and pulled the boot off to see if it was leakin and it poured fluid out. so i replaced it. and i still cant get it into gear. since there is no bleed screw i cant try bleeding it. i filled up the slave with fluid then hooked the line up. i did it several times and it doesnt get any better. what should i do?

i even replaced the slave twice cause i thought it was defective. the master isnt leakin anywhere. so im lost with what to do
Old 07-08-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Resident

I'm not familiar with the LT1 T56s, but I'm sure there's a bleed screw. You may have dumped a lot of fluid from the system by pulling apart the old slave. Take it to a shop and have them bleed it and see if that don't fix you problem. If it doesn't... you're in the same boat with a lot of other folks... try a search and communicate with them.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

there is no bleed screw or i would be drivin it right now. this system is so retarded. i followed the instructions.the rod pushes out a little bit when you push the clutch in but not like it should.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Your slave has a bleed screw man. It uses an 11mm or 7/16 on a 1/4 inch drive rachet. It as the top left driverside of the bellhousing. Just start feeling above where the hydraulic hose connects and you will find where it is. Look at your old slave for reference if you have one and you will see it.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

Ok well I see you have a 94. I may be completley incorrect...lol. If the lt1 t56's use a clutch fork and an external slave, then your bleed screw is most likely going to use a small allen wrench at the end of the slave where your hose connects.