Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

After clutch install, I keep getting code 0704,Why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default After clutch install, I keep getting code 0704,Why?

I have been doing some searching in the archives and found a response to a Ram Clutch install, love2x1r8 responded by saying to adjust the Master Cyclinder engagement, my clutch pedal seems to be working properly, this is a Centerforce DF, the problem I'm having is when I shift the rpms do not come down fast enough at times, it seemed to be okay yesterday for awhile, and after dropping my brother off at the airport, it threw that 0704 code again(which means something to the effect of a bad clutch switch) Today while shifting it seems the rpms are sticking and not coming down at all like they should be. I'm going to try the master cyclinder adjustment from inside the car and hope this is the problem. Has anyone else had this issue? Input would be greatly appreaciated. I installed a upgraded 01-02 Slave and Master Cyclinder, and I brand new Steel Centerforce Flywheel also the pilot bearing was replaced, I bought a bleeder and followed the intructions, have not put full hp to the clutch, chatter seems to be boing away the more I drive it.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clutch switch, when clutch wasn't depressed, the switch was fully extended, this I found out is not supposed to be like that, so I turned it counter clockwise about three full turns,and the switch when in the resting postion, was fully depressed like its supposed to be, and no more rpm problems. Its always nice to figure out a problem.