Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LT1 T56 guys, question on clutch fork...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 T56 guys, question on clutch fork...

So i've been having problems getting the system bled after installing my tranny back with the new motor. I did what I could to try and the bleed the system, and when I pushed in the piston in the slave cylinder, there is no more air coming out. But I still have no pedal feel.

I have kinda an idea of what it is, and if you guys could let me know if this sounds feasible, that would be awesome. When I pulled the tranny originally, the clutch fork was up there good on the pilot bearing, and I had to pull it down with a bit of strength to get it off to get the tranny out. When I put everything back together, the clutch fork goes up, but doesn't stay there, like it's not on anything. Is there something i'm missing that's not allowing the clutch fork to push back on the piston, so that might be what's causing me to have no pedal feel? It seems like the clutch fork isn't putting any pressure back on the slave cylinder to bring the pedal off the floor. Does this sound like it's a possibility? TIA.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well their is a little retaining clip in the bell housing that the clutch fork attaches to and slids up and down on when you are installing or removing it from the throw out bearing. If it wont stay up on the throw out bearing then 1, that clip is bent or broke or 2 your no lined up with the notches on the throw out bearing and are not really getting it on.

Quick Reply: LT1 T56 guys, question on clutch fork...