Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pressure of the Clutch Pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pressure of the Clutch Pedal?

I was wondering what plays into the amount of pressure your pedal takes to engage the clutch. I swear everytime I bleed my McLeod MC I get a different pedal pressure, so it can just be the springs on the pressure plate.

Ultimately my pedal pressure is like 50-75lbs. right now. Good workout, but in traffic it's not fun. I was wondering if switching to an adjustable stock master would give me a more stock like clutch pedal pressure.

Mike
Old 07-23-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think its the hydraulics that gives you pedal pressure... I think its the clutch itself. The pressure plate... Some of the pressure plates have stronger springs (fingers) and require more pressure to push down.

My car with stock dyrdaulics and a Spec 3 has a decent pedal weight to it. No idea what it is in lbs...but its definetly a good deal lighter than my buddies car with everything stock.

Im a pretty big guy, so the weight doesnt really bother me. Stop and go traffic gets alittle annoying at times, but I think its just the stop and go part, not really pedal pressure. haha.

Justin
Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My twin has pretty decent pedal pressure. Firm but not that heavy. One trick is to put it into neutral at lights and when stuck in heavy traffic for a train,etc. Still if stock is a 1 then my current twin is maybe a 4 or 5. Some single clutches are way heavier. Most twins are pretty good for pedal pressure.