Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LUK "Pro Gold" series any good??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LUK "Pro Gold" series any good??

From what I read LUK is what GM uses for all thier oem cluthes...even the LS6, LS7...etc

What about thier "Pro Gold" kit It comes with a aluminum flywheel that looks like the fidanza one...

http://www.lukclutch.com/catalog/det...placement=5.7L

From thier website:

"Welcome to the world of real performance.

Upgrading a vehicle to meet the challenges of extreme conditions requires an upgrade to a performance clutch. Engine, suspension, tire and gearing modifications require clutches with higher clamp load and torque capacity than a stock clutch can deliver. Until now, there hasn't been a clutch system engineered to meet the demands of these applications.
LuK PRO GOLD PERFORMANCE is a high-performance clutch set that's engineered - not modified - to handle the torque, the heat and the punishment of extreme conditions without sacrificing service life.

Serious Performance Built-in - Not Painted On

Higher performance can't be added on to a stock clutch. Most performance clutch suppliers would like you to believe they manufacture their products, when they really only paint or modify an existing stock clutch or disc, never designed for high performance use.
LuK PRO GOLD PERFORMANCE is different. No racing stripes. No gimmicks. PRO GOLD PERFORMANCE is pure and its power comes from within: heavy-duty, premium-quality clutch components matched with high-friction coefficient facings, wrapped around the industry's toughest torsion damper and tuned to perfection."

"ALUMINUM PERFORMANCE FLYWHEELS
If you crave a little more excitement off the red line, specify a genuine LuK high-performance aluminum flywheel to reduce weight, maximize useable horsepower and reduce the stress on your engine's main bearings. These dynamically-balanced flywheels are precision-machined from ultra lightweight 1061 T6 Aluminum for high strength and excellent heat dissipation. The friction surface and ring gears are machined from 1050 high-carbon tool steel to ensure long life and excellent performance under pressure. All LuK aluminum performance flywheels are SFI-approved."

Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

I know nothing about this set up but if you cross the numbers to auto zone it costs, 658.99 with the flywheel... Thats kinda not bad? Wonder how the clutch holds.

http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,.../selectZip.htm

Anyone else know about this?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Lingenfelter's website sells it but they want over $800 for it!!!!

If I get through autozone is it a LIFETTIME warranty!!!! so use it a year...fry it...get a new one FREE ....repeat every year
Old 08-07-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

i have the lingenfelter version, what ever that is. bought it used from a guy that had a Ling TT Vette. he used it on his break in and wanted more power. the clutch can hold upto 700ft lbs.

ive had it in the car for 2yrs now and its going strong, many track passes (times in sig) and i daily drive the car. i also have a Spec Aluminum flywheel.

-brandon

Quick Reply: LUK "Pro Gold" series any good??