Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Disengagement issue? step inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Disengagement issue? step inside

If your having trouble with disengagement. Ie. car will inch forward with clutch pedal depressed, while in any gear. If you also have a combination of that and hard to get into every gear and impossible to get into reverse with the engine runing. If you are telling yourself you dont thing its the master cylinder and slave like everyone says, I can help. I searched and searched this topic and 95% will say master and slave. I found only one post that had the correct fix. The fix is.....................

First of all lets start by learning how to prevent the problem. do not do 5k dumps in 1st from a 5mph roll on hot road with horrible bumps using nittos. You have probably done something similar to this to get your disengagement issue.

Anyway the bad news is your going to have to drop the trany, pull the clutch and admire how a little tiny piece of your high dollar clutch's spring has broken and caused all this trouble. The good news is I switch from Geico to my local Farm Bureau, and saved alot of money on my car insurance.

Good Luck

Last edited by 98lswonz28; 08-10-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

i am currently with this issue
Old 08-10-2007, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98lswonz28

Anyway the bad news is your going to have to drop the trany, pull the clutch and admire how a little tiny piece of your high dollar clutch's spring has broken and caused all this trouble. The good news is I switch from Geico to my local Farm Bureau, and saved alot of money on my car insurance.

Good Luck

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

This sounds like my problem as someone told me it could be the throw out bearing as well
Old 08-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Mine didnt make a sound or anything, sounded normal just drove like s*!^. Also the pilot bearing was pretty worn as well.

I got everything put back together and the car runs like new again.