Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help! I think I may have injured my tranny!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I think I may have injured my tranny!!

Hey guys, tonight I wemt for a joy ride with my buddy and we were out on a sticky back road launching the car and logging some datamaster runs...

Well after a couple launches we drove around for a half hour and came back to do a few more runs...

This time my first launch i went to go into second and either missed second or it just wouldn't go into gear because I then slowed down and went to go into third but it wouldnt go, it wouldnt go into any gears while the car was running...

I then turned the car off and it went into every gear just fine... so I turned the car back on in neutral and tried to put it in first but i couldnt even force it to go...

I then decided to put it in first with the car off and then start it, but when i turned it over it started to try to actually pull the car.

I just could not get it in gear any other way so i put it in first and gave it gas while starting it and it still pushed it but i got it started.
once it was started in gear and rolling the issue went away and it went through the gears just fine...

What the heck did I do that it wouldnt go into gear?? Also would you continue driving the car since the issue is gone or do I need to pull this tranny out (which I hate doing lol)?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:37 AM
wrencher

Sounds like you had a clutch non-release issue there.
Could have stuck the disc to the flywheel?
If the pedal felt fine that's the only thing that makes sense on a LT1 pull style clutch set up.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Is there anything I should do about the problem, or what is your reccommendation?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:23 PM
wrencher

Well if it is fine now I'd drive it. Did you slip the heck out of it when it did this ?
Have a good clutch in there now?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Restricted User

get a good clutch....
Old 08-14-2007, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zero4488
get a good clutch....
It is a two year old 5k mile Spec Stage 3... Pretty damn good clutch, but it is the puck style, is this a common problem with puck sytle clutches?