Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Weird things are happening here :|

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird things are happening here :|

Okay, first off before i did any work, the tranny had a bad 2-3 slider and worn out clutch..car would drive great just wouldnt go in second..so went ahead..rebuilt the entire tranny..all shims/synchros spec stage 3+, resurfaced the stock flywheel and all new hydraulics and a prothane tranny mount..went all out and even got a b&m ripper shifter and MBA SS **** but anyways. everything was fine when it was complete..car shifted perfect..was just very rough to get out of first, but thats typical in a stg 3+, not a big deal, got used to it a block down the road after install, now weird things are happening, had the clutch in for about i'd say 950 miles now..havent got on it yet i wanted to get 1000 miles on it. about 50 miles ago the clutch felt like it was slipping..the car like feels like the clutch is grabbing and letting go over and over very fast until about 3K rpms and then its fine after that..it hasn't gotten worse but i thought it would be just cause the tranny was cold..well rpms dont move when this happen and if i get on the gas alittle more it goes away and the car drives/shifts perfect..wtf? and then about 2 nights ago sounds like my rear end went or is going..its whining really bad when i'm accelerating or just cruising on the gas but gets really quiet when i take it out of gear or push the clutch in..could all these problems be from the rear end having an issue or does it sound like something else? called spec about mabye being the clutch they said to look for leaks..but i dont see any problems with the tranny or fluid leaks on it..its still very clean..the rear in is the torsen torque sensing diff if that helps any, thanks guys..also this car has a EGR Malfunction SES and 2 O2 SES from no cats..could this be causing the first problem as well? i'm really confused and looking for input, thanks guys
Old 08-20-2007, 07:56 AM
wrencher

Many posts about this, like you said typical stg 3+.
Pulling the clutch again you are
Old 08-20-2007, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

I'm really hoping thats not the problem lol, I think we are going to take the tranny down today..hopefully spec helps me out if i do have a warranty issue, it sounds like the whining could be the clutch too..ugh...
Old 08-20-2007, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

was actually only needing a ring and pinion and motor mounts..everything else should be okay.