Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Fake Textralia?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fake Textralia?

I saw this on LS1tech and thought I would pass the info along to fbody.com incase anyone has bought or is buying a Textralia clutch

-

Jeff, who was formerly involved with Textralia is selling "knock off" clutches on EBay or from the site www.textralia.com. To contact Textralia visit www.textralia.com.au

I wanted to post this sticky to warn anyone who may be unaware that these EBAY clutches are not "Textralia", and it would be advisable to only purchase legitimate products from legitimate Textralia distributors.

A list of distributors can be found at:

http://www.textralia.com.au/distributors.cfm

Australia:
Marranos Enhancement
LS1 Edit
GM Motorsport
WA Performance
Harrop
Sams Performance

United States:
BYUNSPEED
A&A Corvette Performance
East Coast Supercharging
Lingenfelter
Norris Motorsports
LG Motorsports
Gen3 Motorsports
Victory Racing Engines
Rapid Motorsports
SDPC 2000

If you feel you may have been sold what ammount to possibly stolen property, or at worst a cheap knockoff, I encorage you to contact Pete with Textralia admin@textralia.com.au to verify you have purchased a legitimate clutch. The last thing Textralia wants to happen is for someone to be sold a product which would not live up to its high standards, or worse be sub par and lead to some sort of failure.
I saw this and i bought my clutch from one of the sponsors here, but got to thinking since that said sponsor isnt on the list in bold. This was Googled...
Old 08-30-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

!yes!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

So... did you contact Textralia and ask if that company you bought it from is a legitimate dealer?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:03 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Maybe they're a "jobber" who buys and resells the clutches through one of the above WD's? Who was it?

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 08-31-2007, 02:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Some shops buy off our major distributors, and resell our units. It does not make them a fake. If you have any questions about a unit, you can send us an email. Send emails to admin@textralia.com.au

Our clutches ship in a wooden crate with our logo branded on the box, and it should have a visible serial number on the actual clutch. If you contact us with that serial number we can always verify that clutch for you.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Launching!

If I purchased mine in 6/05 were you and Jeff still partners? My clutch came with the wrong sized disk and Jeff sent me the correct one.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Textralia
Some shops buy off our major distributors, and resell our units. It does not make them a fake. If you have any questions about a unit, you can send us an email. Send emails to admin@textralia.com.au

Our clutches ship in a wooden crate with our logo branded on the box, and it should have a visible serial number on the actual clutch. If you contact us with that serial number we can always verify that clutch for you.
Well i bought mine off ws6store.com and the wooden crate DID NOT have the logo. Also on another note i opted for the slave and i thought i was getting a GM unit but ended up getting a cheap-o from O'Reilly. I didn't notice any serial numbers on anything, just the little marking for the balancing. I asked this because my buddy got his from Byunspeed.com and his DID have a serial number of some sort and the textralia marking on the wooden box.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

pm sent
Old 09-14-2007, 06:39 PM
LS1TECH.com Sponsor

Originally Posted by 5w20
Well i bought mine off ws6store.com and the wooden crate DID NOT have the logo. Also on another note i opted for the slave and i thought i was getting a GM unit but ended up getting a cheap-o from O'Reilly. I didn't notice any serial numbers on anything, just the little marking for the balancing. I asked this because my buddy got his from Byunspeed.com and his DID have a serial number of some sort and the textralia marking on the wooden box.
I can assure you we are an authorized Textralia Dealer. They havent updated their website yet, but we have been selling them since January. You can verify this with Textralia.

Also, the slave cylinders are GM products bought direct from a local GM dealership. I dont know where you got the idea that it was from O'reilly's??

Josh
WS6store.com

Old 09-14-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WS6store.com
I can assure you we are an authorized Textralia Dealer. They havent updated their website yet, but we have been selling them since January. You can verify this with Textralia.

Also, the slave cylinders are GM products bought direct from a local GM dealership. I dont know where you got the idea that it was from O'reilly's??

Josh
WS6store.com
No GM part number on it like the one that my buddy bought from a GM dealer. Went to O'reillys before he bought it and they didnt have an AC Delco one so he asked to look at the one that they had in stock, which happened to be the cheapest one ~$75, and it looked EXACTLY like the one i was sent.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

So the guy who used to work for Textrallia was selling fakes?Right!If he wasnt marking them up 500% above what a parts supplier charges they must be fake.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

No GM part number on it like the one that my buddy bought from a GM dealer. Went to O'reillys before he bought it and they didnt have an AC Delco one so he asked to look at the one that they had in stock, which happened to be the cheapest one ~$75, and it looked EXACTLY like the one i was sent.
I have purchased so many master cylinders I can't count them all, both from GM dealers and o'rileys and I can assure you they are the same inside and out (I have had them apart too). The only difference in the two is the one from the dealer comes with the braided line, a resevor, and is pre bleed. If you ask me the cheaper one is the much better way to go.

I guess it is possible that they could carry a few different brands, but I always get the one that says "durived from EOM part" it has the same markings as all the ones I got from the dealer.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:34 AM
LS1TECH.com Sponsor

Well perhaps Oreillys is purchasing them from the same manufacturer that GM is. I assure you that you received a GM part.

Josh

Quick Reply: Fake Textralia?