Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Is this noise/vibration normal

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this noise/vibration normal

I have a Spec stage 3+, installed alittle over 1K miles ago now..i was going through the gears 1st to 2nd i gave it alittle gas went to shift around 4500 shifter wouldnt go in then the clutch/tranny made this humming noise that caused the tranny to vibrate not hard but it was moving..i sounded like the clutch was going to fly out at me..but then it went away and i could drive normal..wtf? i've been having these weird issues with the spec clutch and ive been babing the car since install and i gave it alittle gas and it did that? car has resurfaced flywheel, all new hydraulics, and prothane tranny mount..don't know what it would be if it was a problem..i called spec about another problem before..the car would jump alittle when you were driving..like the clutch would grab hard then let go really fast..but normal crusing it was fine..itll only jump if the car was to high of a gear and to low of a RPM, im having the motor mounts replaced as we speak to see if it fixes that issue..what do you guys think?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

if you push the clutch in and rev it while rolling, does it start doin it around 3,000 rpms?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:23 PM
10 Second Club

nope with revving..nothing..no problems