Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

The worst day of my life... so far :lol:

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The worst day of my life... so far :lol:

Well my clutch and or tranny decided to final bow down today at around 2:30. The story goes a little something like this, been knowing for a long time that I needed a new cluctch and eventual tranny rebuild. So I came across a rebuild T56 in the for sale section and picked it up. Had the money for a clutch but was to stuburn to buy it at the time. Finally saved up some money and just ordered my clutch last Thursday along with a new flywheel, master and slave.

When leaveing school today I lost reverse, I sat there and prayed alittle longer and managed to back out the put it into first which I had to slam into gear not a very good feeling. Along the way home I heard some of the most god awful sounds coming from my tranny and clutch . Finally got on the interstate and was happy to be there. I was thinking man this is great, if I can only make it a few more miles I'll be home then I'll worry about it from there. Boy was that wishing to soon. I exited the off ramp and came to the traffic light, put it into neutral and that was by far the worst idea ever. Light tunred green and my attempt to out it into first was failed on several trys. Some guy was kind enough to help me push it onto the shoulder. Called a buddy for some help and he was on his was to help a fallen buddy. While I was waiting and deciding how I was going to fix this mess, the beloved sherrif depertment shows up . The deputy was by far the nicest guy around, besides the guy who helped me push my broke *** car . He actually called two tow truck companies and got prices for them to tow my car from the side of the road all the way to a shop in Walker, La. At about that time my buddy (who I owe alot to) rolled up. ( By the way he pilots a 04 KB Cobra) So he got a real kick out of this, trying to get me to convert to the DARKSIDE, I declined the offer until furture notice.

We finally got the car to go in gear, very dangerous by the way. When the car was off I put it into first then started it up. The car lurhced forward and we milked it then to a parking lot of a local grocery store. Wounldn't you know it right, when we get it there in the parking lot, it decides to pour its *** off. I mean those HUGE rain drops too and cold as ICE. My buddy called around to see if anyone had a trailer I could borrow and no one was available. Then one of our friends calls and says he's on his way with a truck and trailer. Pray the heavens above I have a savior and a little luck left on my side
. We loaded her up and made our way to my house. After the wildest few hours I have her home and unloaded. Where I go from here I'm not sure, but at least she is home. I owe ALOT to everyone that helped me today, from the guy that helped push, the deputy, and most of all my friends that came to help me when I was down.

Also I would like to note one last thing here to all of the T56 rowers, come past, present and future. If you know you need to fix you car now and then, DO IT. Don't be like me and put it off until the last possible moment. Because you might not have a friend(s) there to help or you might be in a bad part of town.

Sorry about the long story, just had to share my experience with my fellow board members.

Last edited by MonkeyBoneSS; 09-10-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All in all not that bad man. You should hope and pray that stays the worst day of your life. In all honesty when stuff like this happens with me and my buddies, we always laugh about it. Nothing else you can do. Congrats on getting the car home safely.

Chris
Old 09-10-2007, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL as far as owning my car this is the worst day so far and I am sure it won't be the last by a long shot. Yea we where all laughing when we were unloading her from the trailer. Great time, just really glad I have a bunch of stand up guys around to share a helping hand.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

dont feel bad, it just sounds like your clutch and/or hydraulics went defective, ive been there a couple times. 4 spec clutches i went thru, same ****, center springs would blow out lol. then i could start the car up in gear. another time, i had a slave cylinder decide to blow apart on me, 10 miles from home. rev matching to shift FTMFW. your trans could still be alright
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man, I wish the worst day of my life was even 1/2 as good as yours . Anyway, like others have said- it sounds more like a clutch/hydraulic issue than a trans problem. Good luck either way!
Joe
Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea either way I have a newly rebuilt T56 and a new clutch, master and slave waiting for transport into the demon for continous abuse

Last edited by MonkeyBoneSS; 09-10-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Ouch, that sucks matey.

I once had a throttle cable snap on my in Carson City(45 miles from home). Managed to slip a couple of strings from my guitar through and use them.

In a different truck I lost a clutch.. again in Carson. This time 55+ miles from home.
Drove it the whole way home like that. Most bitchin' weekend EVER.

And it turned out the clutch was fine. The pressure plate exploded.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WiseAssJester
Ouch, that sucks matey.

I once had a throttle cable snap on my in Carson City(45 miles from home). Managed to slip a couple of strings from my guitar through and use them.

In a different truck I lost a clutch.. again in Carson. This time 55+ miles from home.
Drove it the whole way home like that. Most bitchin' weekend EVER.

And it turned out the clutch was fine. The pressure plate exploded.
Lol, I've done the "shoelace through the window" trick to get home with a broken throttle cable on my 73 Charger back in high school hahah.
Joe
Old 09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's not that bad.

Try running over your cat you've had for 18 years because your cars anti theft system was acting up and you had to drive your dad's truck.

OR

Getting caught cheating on the internet and being hung out to dry about what's going to happen to you for three weeks as everyone makes fun of you. Then your mom finds out and posts.

You got off easy.

Quick Reply: The worst day of my life... so far :lol: