Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problems maybe motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 04:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems maybe motor mounts

ok so i have a pretty serious build on my camaro and im having sum driveline issues im running 400 and a few hp and slightly more tq and coming from 2nd to 3rd gear (M6) when racing will shift into almost like an unknown gear i think its going into reverse cause ppl tell me my reverse lights go on but then u have to pull it back pretty hard to get it into neutral again and then today i was doing freeway pulls and i tried to go from 3rd to 4th and it ended up going into 2nd luckily i dont think i did any damage but either way u wanna b scared at 120 or so thats the way to do it im thinking this is maybe cause of bad motor mounts this is happening im not so sure i have bmr suspension components torque arm and subframe connectors with strut tower PA racing k member and i dont have a reason for this yet..but this bugs me cause i intend to have alot more power approx in the 800 range and this is a big problem for me ...i was thinking maybe its a worn out shifter i mean it is a pro 5.0 but it is a lil old..im not sure totally confused also about the solid motor mounts who thinks what about them verses poly..whats the best choice its not a daily so the vibration isnt really an issue cause i kno thats the first thing ppl say about them. whats the most logical way to go if it matters its gonna b turbo'd
Old 09-16-2007, 10:44 AM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woa! That was one hell of a run away sentence!
But really, you have internal trans issues.
Trans ever been rebuilt?
sounds like it has not, & that you need a steel 3/4 fork & 3/4 syncro keys, shift pads & blocker rings at the very least.
Your looking at a trans overhaul, & if you havent upgraded the hydraulics, that too.