Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 rebuild

Just rebuilt my T56 with a kit from The Gear Box. I must say its a top quality kit. I payed $190 for the kit. Came with all new blocker rings, carbon fiber synchro rings, slider keys and snap rings, shift fork pads, seals. I also got a steel 3-4 fork and synergyn(spelling?) fluid from sixspeeds.com.

Well it shifts like butter i must say. The fluid is like syrup haha. The kit came with a great manual with huge detailed pictures. I have not used the sixspeeds kit so i cannot make a good comparison. But for a kit on the cheeper end of the spectrum with no bearings or sliders I would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by brad8266; 09-19-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned

The parts are parts . As far as I know all of the syncros are from Tremec and unless the bearings are some totally off brand cheap azz bearing , they are all the same stuff as well . The main difference is what all comes in the kit and the price you pay for the kit . I personally buy all my stuff in large amounts so a "kit" is not something I normally buy anyways . They are more designed for the DIY'er in mind .

By the way , congrats on the rebuild ...........
Old 09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool man, do you have any pics for us of your rebuild process? We could use some T56 rebuilding pics/tips.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

sorry no pics. I did it at work when we were slow...gotta love flat rate haha. I am a master tech for an infiniti dealer so i just dropped the trans at home and brought it to work. I have to say it was much easier to work on that a nissan six speed. they have a **** load of check ***** and springs and all kinds of other crap. the only real thing i had trouble with was keeping it in one gear when i put the case back together. I had to take it back apart once cause it was stuck in 2 gears.

Even for a novice it shouldnt be that hard to rebuild as long as you keep all your parts in order and remember what goes where and which way. If you dont have a press dont bother trying to do it yourself. I have to make a couple of my own bearing press' and puller adapters out of misc crap i had laying around the shop hahaha.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the synergyn fluid is very thick. It is what we run in all of our High HP six speeds. We have about 200 that make over 800rwhp and they all use that fluid. None of the have broken yet

Amber
Old 09-20-2007, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

well I only make about 567 to the wheels, over 600 when meth comes. But I'll damn sure put it to the test on sunday when I go to the track.

Quick Reply: T56 rebuild