Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Recommendation Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Recommendation Help

Alright guys, I'm having a hard time deciding on a clutch for my TA. I need a clutch that is good on the street (I run the car MAYBE 20 passes a year) and isn't a On/Off switch like my current Spec (I don't know the stage, it was installed before I bought the car) because my G/F wants to drive it a little. I was thinking about the LS7 clutch kit, but I'm worried about the extra mass hurting me and the room for future growth (maybe a 150 shot later). Clutch chatter is a big issue too, my current Spec chatters and I HATE it. I've thought about the Ram Powergrip HD, but they seem to have chatter issues from what I've read. I'd love a Textralia, but money is an issue since I probably need a flywheel and definately a upgraded slave. I really need help making my decision because I'm gonna order some kinda clutch this week.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

i have an ls7 clutch with 200 miles on it. Just ran it through the gears and it felt good. I bought this clutch for all the reasons that you have but i am only bolt-ons and only plan on either a cam or a 100shot. It will hold one or the other nicely but both... That might be pushing it.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

I just put in my order for a LS7 kit today. I guess I'll see how well it does.