Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

car pulls a little with clutch pedal pushed in at 5k

Old 10-08-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car pulls a little with clutch pedal pushed in at 5k

If I have the clutch all the way pushed in and rev the motor it will pull fwd a tad at around 5k. Does this mean the slave is pushing the pressure plate to early. Ive heard something about shimming it but dont really know. Seems like that would just put more pressure on it. What do I need to do to fix this. Is this jacking anything up. Over all the car drives great and is easy to drive. The pedal feels fine and so does the clutch. The only time Id ever bring it to 5k with the clutch pushed in is at the track and thats not to often, so is normal street use harming anything? The only thing Ive done so far is bled the clutch and pretty much flushed it so it has new fluid. Its not my DD but I still want to mess anything up.Thanks for any advice.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

If its a stock clutch thats probably your reason.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

do you have an adjustable master? this would more than likely fix your problem. When i installed my twiin and master, mine would do this. I just adjusted the master and it fixed it. After i boke it in, i was able to adjust the master all the way down and the tires would not spin with the clutch pressed down and reving. Now, my pedal engages right off the floor. I love my setup
Old 10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does this as well with the Textralia Oz700. After some track use it seems worse. I have bled it multiple times and its not getting any better. I have called and left a message with Pete@ textralia 2x now with no response. All i really need to know is if shimming is the correct fix for the issue. If you get any feedback or response it could also help me as well.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by taws6m6
do you have an adjustable master? this would more than likely fix your problem. When i installed my twiin and master, mine would do this. I just adjusted the master and it fixed it. After i boke it in, i was able to adjust the master all the way down and the tires would not spin with the clutch pressed down and reving. Now, my pedal engages right off the floor. I love my setup
it means you do not have enough pressure.
listen to this guy.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shoemike
it means you do not have enough pressure.
listen to this guy.
I have heard of this option before as well, however the clutch manufacturer doesn't recomend the use of an adjustable master...unless something has changed in the last couple months since i purchased it. I would be pissed if I did that and something happened to the clutch, to have Tex say it was caused by an adjustable master. I guess it doesn't matter anyways since they don't call people back..Perhaps the customer service isn't as good as it was cracked up to be.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:14 AM
12 Second Club

This is almost always a case of air in the system or a faulty master or slave cylinder or all of the above.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: car pulls a little with clutch pedal pushed in at 5k