Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod bell housing ?/help

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default McLeod bell housing ?/help

I would first like to start off by saying I am very displeased here!!!

I spent 5 hours this weekend grinding on that thing to get the starter to fit and opening up bolt holes. People were right on this site stating they had to grind the **** out of this thing to get it to work.

To make a long story short, I put the motor plate and flywheel on to mock everything up to check clearance. Wouldn't you know that the flywheel rubs the motor plate!!! Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm using a Ram twin disk and alum fly. I'm starting to wonder if the transmission will even line up right, even with the dowel pins.

Right now I took the thing off and put the stock one back on for now. If anyone has any suggestions or other problems they ran into, please let me know.

Last edited by WFOWS6_IL; 10-15-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I called McLeod and they stated you have to grind the motor plate. So, I decided to take the trans back off and work on that. Finally got the FW to clear the motor plate, then I had to grind the housing again so I could open the bleeder on the slave and on the second starter openning cause my header hit on the left side. Not fun, but it's together.

Quick Reply: McLeod bell housing ?/help