Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

More than enough power, Help.. ow to Burnout M6

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More than enough power, Help.. ow to Burnout M6

Ok everytime i go to the track i cant get my tires sticky, cause i cant do a good burnout, i really dont wanna roast my new clutch, can anyone elp me please, i really wanna geet into te 12's this weekend, i have a six speed
Old 10-25-2007, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Your sig looks like that should not be a problem!

Here is how I do it with my 55 Chevy

If higher than 4.11, put it in 2nd, if meaner gears 3rd may be better. Rev it to about 4500, dump the clutch and jump on the break and nail the throttle hard. hold the revs high 5500 - 6000 till the tires start to grab well then let off. when the car starts to jump forward get off the clutch. Just be sure you get the tires dry or there will be no traction.

If you don't want to kill the clutch be sure you get off of it at the line quickly on launch. Read my other posts on the clutch threads. I list my experience with getting a clutch car off the line. Feel free to ask any q's.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Get a line lock bro.

Press brakes, flip switch, rev her up, dump clutch, feather gas enough to keep her spinnin for 8-10secs, flip switch, roll out. Done. Well thats assuming you have DR's or slicks.

If not a dry hop is pretty much all you need to get he crap off your street tires. Pull past the box, rev her up dump the clutch, roll out.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vintage Iron55
Your sig looks like that should not be a problem!

Here is how I do it with my 55 Chevy

If higher than 4.11, put it in 2nd, if meaner gears 3rd may be better. Rev it to about 4500, dump the clutch and jump on the break and nail the throttle hard. hold the revs high 5500 - 6000 till the tires start to grab well then let off. when the car starts to jump forward get off the clutch. Just be sure you get the tires dry or there will be no traction.

If you don't want to kill the clutch be sure you get off of it at the line quickly on launch. Read my other posts on the clutch threads. I list my experience with getting a clutch car off the line. Feel free to ask any q's.

Let me clarify.

when the car starts to jump forward get off the clutch" I should have written, when the car starts to jump forward, hit the clutch and get the load off NOW! I was a little tired when I wrote that. You don't want the instant load on your clutch when the slicks bite coming off the burnout.