Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch problems

Old 11-01-2007, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problems

Okay, i havent been on the site in a while but i just wanted to ask a few questions, first off my car is a 99 firehawk, 86k miles i believe, as far as i know of the car, i have headers (QTP LT) and exhaust (TSP True Duals), and i put some motor mounts in there while i was doing headers, polyurethane mounts, and it has a lid, LS6 intake manifold, that's all i know of, i've seen posts about how to check if your clutch is slipping and im going to try that soon, but i've HEARD that stock clutches can't hold much above stock horsepower... and i am starting to believe this to be true.
When i drive ill occasionally get a "Sticking" of my clutch, as in it will pop out when i release but only half way and then it will shoot back as the RPMs increase... When i go WOT the clutch just stays down at half measure until i pull it out with my foot or pump the clutch out... So ill ask the question, is this my clutch going out? Or is this another problem?
Thanks fellas
Old 11-01-2007, 01:22 PM
10 Second Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be saving my pennies for clutch and hydraulics. The stuck petal sounds like a hyd problem and with that many miles your clutch is prolly living on borrowed time if its still alive at all. I put in a new flywheel while I was at it just for ease of install while its apart.

Good luck to ya...

Search this Thread