Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T-56 Transmission Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 03:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-56 Transmission Question

Ok, So I have a 2000 Firehawk with a T-56 transmission and I have a little problem with it. The car has 92K if it helps any. Anyways, Whenever I push the cluth in to shift, sometimes it doesn't come back out but it usually does. Also, it won't go into hear sometimes, you have to jam it in there. It's not slipping and I can give it full throttle in every gear without any problems. I just bought this car 3 days ago so I don't know too much about it. I think the transmission has been removed before because the reverse light's aren't hooked up or something, they aren't working. I was wondering what my problem can be. I was thinking either a slave cylinder or something like that. I don't think it's the clutch because it grabs every gear fine and doesn't slip at all. Thanks for the help, Ryan.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd start by changing the fluid in the reservoir and bleeding the system. See if that helps and go from there. Also, there is a sticky at the top for clutch pedals sticking to the floor.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:14 PM
wrencher

Originally Posted by CW00BlackTA
I'd start by changing the fluid in the reservoir and bleeding the system. See if that helps and go from there. Also, there is a sticky at the top for clutch pedals sticking to the floor.
Yup agree good call there it is a hydraulic system problem.
I'd say the same flush it first, do it soon it's hard on the car driving it that way.