Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch slippin....sucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch slippin....sucks

alright just put a cam in the car and got on it yesterday alittle and the clutch decided to start slipping. not the best news but its got to be done. i am needing a clutch to hold around 450hp and 410tq. any suggestions or comments would be highly appreciated. not wanting a spec cause i havnt heard very good things. thinkin bout just goin ls7.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

ls7 will hold unless you track the car.

i know theres alot of horror stories about spec but they are one of the best out there just more of them so more stories and poor installations is where the majority of the failures come from.
i had a stg 3 that lasted 30k mile sand is awaiting a transplant into my buddys 67 gto. i ran a spec 5 this year w/o issue and probably grab a twin this winter. ive seen alot of other clutches fail worse then the specs and last half the miles /abuse the specs take .

if your really dead set on not getting a spec though then probbly just get a tex
Old 11-05-2007, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Default got ya

its my daily driver. im sure i will take it down the track but it will only be few times. not something i do every weekend or anything. i just want something that will hold up more for just that occasional need for some full throttle.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a suggestion buy one bigger than what you need cause in a year or two you will find you have done more mods and wish you had a bigger clutch!

Quick Reply: clutch slippin....sucks