Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help real bad!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help real bad!!!!

2002 SS M6 64k

Okay, it all started when I came to a light tonight after work. I went to take off and I went NO WHERE. The car felt like I had the E-brake on as it wouldn't move in gear then it stalled. It felt locked up. I then put in what I thought was N, released the clutch and it stalled like I was in gear. It will roll somewhat when I have the clutch engaged. I ended up having to call a tow truck and it now sits in my garage. It is obviously stuck in gear because no matter what I do, it will stall when I release the clutch? Can anyone shed some light on what this may be? Thanks for taking the time and reading this.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We have seen the clutch disks and pressure plates break in Vipers. Sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging allowing it to move. Do you know what gear you are in? If it isn't the clutch could be the input shaft, output shaft or counter shaft is broken. Most likely if any of those were broken the car WOULD NOT move at all unless you were on an incline/hill.

Amber
Old 11-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
We have seen the clutch disks and pressure plates break in Vipers. Sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging allowing it to move. Do you know what gear you are in? If it isn't the clutch could be the input shaft, output shaft or counter shaft is broken. Most likely if any of those were broken the car WOULD NOT move at all unless you were on an incline/hill.

Amber

Thanks for the reply! I really don't know. It must be in a low gear, because It won move an inch when I try to disengage the clutch. Are the shafts pricey? Thanks for your help!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on which one. They range from $239 for the input to $695 for the countershaft.

Amber
Old 11-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Six Speeds Inc.
Depends on which one. They range from $239 for the input to $695 for the countershaft.

Amber
I thought that when a cluctch went out, it would start slipping prior? I guess I need to just take it to a tranny shop huh?

Quick Reply: Need help real bad!!!!