Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just Bought Slp Line Lock System Any Install Tips And What Button Do I Use

Old 11-11-2007, 02:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just Bought Slp Line Lock System Any Install Tips And What Button Do I Use

I just got a used slp line lock kit came with everything but instructions and a switch. So i need help installing it. Also what kind of button do you use for activating in cause i want one like on the shift **** or something cool. I know how to use the line lock for burn outs but some people say u can use it while on the staging light can someone explain this and teach me how. thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 06:43 AM
TECH Resident

They usually mount on the front of the driver's side fenderwell, if it came with prebent lines install them first and then put the screws in for the solenoid. The line off of the master (looking from the front of the car) on the left side in the back, closest to the firewall and that goes into the top of the solenoid. The second line runs from the bottom of the solenoid to the ABS block (again looking from the front of the car) on the back right corner. Then you need to find a power source, I just bolted it to where the batter cable bolts under the fuse block, and run the other wire through the firewall, to a switch, then to ground. Most people run it over to the grommet under the PCM, it's an easy place to get to. As far as the switch on the shifter I don't have any experience on it and don't wanna shoot you wrong info but I'm sure other people can help ya out!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 AM
TECH Resident

oh and to bleed the system I just left the line unbolted at the ABS block and gravity fed it, I'm sure there's a small air bubble in it but my braking still seems the same as before and the linelock works really well
Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

i prefer to run the positive wire switched, that way the wire can come in contact with ground and the solinoid wont activate. i have a hurst shift **** with a button, it works really good. i also wired in a arming switch, a armed LED, and the momentary switch already on the ****.
heres some info on why the way SLP has it setup is wrong, and not NHRA/IHRA legal. also some things that can go wrong.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=631543&page=2
heres the wiring diagram i made and used

and some pix of the install

hope that helps alil

Last edited by mcamarols1; 11-11-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

this is all great help guys thanks alot. where did you get that shift **** and how much was it that exactly what im looking for thanks again.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

i got it from summit, no prob
Old 11-12-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am going to add another switch on the positive side for a safety as well, and leave the stock switch on the ground (negative) to activate the lock.

yeah wouldnt be to safe if it did ground itself when u didnt want it to.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

i was told line lock messes up your abs, is this still an issue or has it been resolved?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just Bought Slp Line Lock System Any Install Tips And What Button Do I Use