Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help removing M6 pedals

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help removing M6 pedals

Anyone got a write up on how to remove M6 pedals. I'm in the process of doing a M6 to A4 swap and want get an idea before i tackle it.

Thanks

Marco
Old 11-16-2007, 08:27 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Marco, Its not hard bro......there are maybe(?) 4-5 1/2" nuts holding the pedals to the firewall. First, you need to remove the plastic cover by the pedals. Next remove the interior trim panel (also plastic) just below the steering column by your knees.

The best piece of advise I can give you from experience is to actually unbolt the steering column from the little "frame" that holds it up to the dash (do not unbolt it from the firewall). There are two 1/2" (if memory serves me correct) bolts that hold it "up" to the dash. This will allow the steering column to drop down quite a few inches which really helps when removing the pedals. You actually have to rotate the pedal assembly around the steering column (by the firewall) since they are mounted above where the column goes into the firewall.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks, Jason
Old 11-16-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there's a simple clip that holds the cable to the gas pedal, and I believe a pin with cotter pin holding the brake pedal to the brake booster and the same for the clutch pedal to the master cyl. Then just disconnect the harness for the switches or they simply slip forward (or backward can't remember) then pull right out. I believe the pedals themselves are held in with a pin with cotter pin also onto the bracket, you may find it easier to take off the clutch pedal to get the bracket out but it's not needed. and like jason said take those nuts and bolts out and you can lower the steering column if needed but I didn't when I did mine.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:42 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

haha, I totally forgot about the clips Yeah, as camaroguy26 said, its simple to unhook the connectors and clips. The hardest one is the clutch pedal clip....its really tucked up under the dash I use a longer "regular" screwdriver to gentley pry it off. Its much tricker to put it on than to take it off though

Jason