Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Car Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Stuck

Ok So the clutch was having some problems disengaging one night. Parked it and then went to get it in it a week or so later. Well now it wont even move. Can start it up, and when i put it into gear it stalls. Can't put it in reverse. When car is off and it is in gear with the clutch to the ground it cannot be pushed either. Ok so maybe the pressure plate has seized to the flywheel, maybe the pressure plate teeth are bent something? Anyway, so we are in process of pulling the transmission, and as we are sliding it out to get a better look at the hydraulic line we still have no idea of how to get it out. I saw something that said push in on the plastic piece? Anyway I see that it has like a bronze fitting going into another metal piece. So what do I push on? Anyway after we get the sucker out and remove the bellhousing and what not, any suggestions on what we may be looking for? Info on the car

2000 WS.6
T56 rebuild
SPEC IIIi clutch
umm its black.....
that should be about it.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:28 AM
wrencher

You need to push the white plastic release ring in to get the line out.
Sometimes it helps to push the line into the slave's recepticle & then push the white collar in to release the line.
Your not gonna know what's up till you pull it out but it does sound like the disc is stuck
Old 11-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Thanks. But as we were messing I saw that ring, and should it slide backwards down the line if I pull it out? I hope i didn't break it? And can I slide it back up towards the slave cylinder and still press it in to release the line? I'll keeep you updated
Old 11-24-2007, 04:27 PM
wrencher

There are tangs one the slaves recepticle. The white plastic collar pushes then back so the line can come out of the recepticle.
So yes the collar has to be in there.

Quick Reply: Car Stuck