Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch? / tranny shifting harder than normal

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default clutch? / tranny shifting harder than normal

ok i have searched and searched to no avail , so here is my problem. It started last friday AM - all has been OK till then 99 t/a 140K on orig clutch-everything- mostly highway miles and prev owner was older as I am so its rare that its beaten on, anyway its been hard to get in gear - harder than usual 1st and 6th and reverse are noticeably harder the rest i have noticed it also - like it(the clutch isnt releasing)all the way fluid was full and black(probably never flushed it) on occasion it would slip part way to 1st then grind something aint right! it has on rare ocassion been a little hard to do but this was like all of a sudden all the time a couple times ive had to shut off and put in gear and restart. the pedal feels fine- as it always has and when starting off it engages about 2-3" off floor as always.I am a ASE cert mech and seems to me its the master cylinder and is restricted and should try the flush first- what do you experienced LS1'rs say?most of my exp is with the older mech linkage GM's. I know if i keep driving it like this it will do synchro damage and i dont want to have a rebuild done but it is, I figure getting time for a clutch too. please let me know what you think- thanks!

Last edited by zman1969; 12-04-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default little help here

anyone? i just dont want to start throwing parts at it