Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Black HURST Pistol Grip Shifter Arrived Today, Awesome Feel!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black HURST Pistol Grip Shifter Arrived Today, Awesome Feel!!

I have an 00 WS6 with a short throw stick from WS6store.com with the factory Hurst ****. I ordered the Black Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter from WS6store.com and got it in today. It is a little pricey at about $68 shipped, but well worth it in my opinion. It went on with ease and what a difference. First of all, it is incredibly comfortable. My hand grips around the **** perfectly and feels 100% natural, way better than the stock ****. As you all know, after you go from the factory short shifter, to an even shorter one, you can really feel how notchy the T56 really is. You have to givve it a pretty good shove to get it into gear with the shorter throw stick and stock ****. The H Pistol grip TOTALLY changed the feel of the shifter. It takes no effort to go into gear and you can feel your way around the gearbox better than ever. I am really pleased with the way it feels and the ease of the shifts. I think the Shorter stick and the H pistol grip is a match made in heaven. It's just an unbelievable feel! I got on it a couple times just to see how it felt and it was a whole different world. I was able to slam it into gear like never before and felt that my shifts were much faster and precise. In my opinon this is the way to go, im not too big on the looks of a pistol grip, but you can't beat the feel and performace. I saved my old **** to use at car shows and other events, just cause i like the look of it. I don't have too much experience with other *****, but i can't imagine any other ****/stick combination feeling any better than this does. I know this is long but i just thought i would give some feeback on my experience with it. If your looking for a ****/stick, the WS6store short stick and HURST pistol grip is a great combo in my opinion! Below is a link to a picture.

Last edited by Cvaught; 12-07-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive thought about going to a pistol grip shifter, but i wanted to slighty bend the shifter lever, It seems that when your in the back gears the shifter would put your hand in an unnatual position, and with it slightly bent it would make the shifter almost vertical and when in the front gears it would be slightly tilted forward, which would be a fairly natural position for your hand...post up some pics if you dont mind
Old 12-07-2007, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

ive got a Hurst pistol grip **** too and i love the way it feels..i like the stock hurst **** too though so i keep the extra one in the center console and switch back and forth all the time
Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When the shifter is in 2/4/6 it is at a slight bend, but its not near as bad as you think. Im pretty picky and it didn't bother me a bit. I don't really keep my grip on the thing the whole time either, i just grip it, shift, and rest my hand on top. A slight bed would make it feel slightly better in 2/4/6, but it shouldn't bother you a bit. It still feels completely natural and you hand/wrist isn't in an uncomfortable position. Ill post some pics up soon.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:24 AM
TECH Resident

That is the longest paragraph I've ever seen about a shift ****... lol.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ha ha ha ha, I know, Can you tell I really like it? Ha ha ha
Old 12-07-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Junkie

I dont like them what so ever
Old 12-07-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm debating whether to keep my stock hurst **** or getting a pistol grip when i get my pro 5.0/6'' short stick shifter. i always wondered if the pistol grip would feel awkward going from 2nd to 3rd. and yea, hurst should pay you for advertising for them after this haha
Old 12-07-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

i LOVE my UMI pistol grip and wouldnt trade it for nothin!
Old 12-07-2007, 05:16 PM
11 Second Club

Like was asked above, how is it on the 2-3 shift. I like the feel of a pistol grip(on a vertical gate shifter), but the position it puts your hand in seems like it would lend itself to a 2-1 over rev with an H pattern.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like my Hurst T-Handle...
Old 12-07-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chuckyt1
Like was asked above, how is it on the 2-3 shift. I like the feel of a pistol grip(on a vertical gate shifter), but the position it puts your hand in seems like it would lend itself to a 2-1 over rev with an H pattern.
It may seem hard to believe, but for me it makes the 2-3 much more precise. My combo of the UMI handle and the Pro 5.0 works excellent for the 2-3, seem slike it just finds its way..

The only complaint I have about it is that ive bruised my palm on it slamming gears a couple times
Old 12-09-2007, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The only con for this shifter **** is it is ice cold in the winter!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Ya and they r super hot in the summer. lol I have one and wouldn't trade it for anything else. Love it but I have to wear gloves in the summer months cus it would literally burn my hand

Quick Reply: Black HURST Pistol Grip Shifter Arrived Today, Awesome Feel!!