Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

RAM Clutch Swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM Clutch Swap

I am changing the clutch, slave, master, and flywheel in my car tomarrow. I have never pulled the tranny in my car, so i really dont know what to expect. I have been reading on how to do change then but i figured i would post up for some advice from someone that has done it b4. Is there any tricky things i need to watch for?? Any advice you have will be appreciated. Thanks. Oh and i haven't really heard alot about the dual friction rams. Anyone that has something to say about them post up too. Im hoping i made the right choice after reading some bad reviews and talking to some friends that have alot of problems with SPEC 3's.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get ya a decent tranny jack and allow yourself a lot of time since it's your first attempt. Removal is pretty straightforward, but sometimes the dowel pins that hold the trans to the bell and the bigger ones that hold the bell to the block can be stuck on there pretty good, don't be afraid to wiggle it pretty good to get it free. Get some extensions and a swivel to reach some of the bolts. Most the time getting it back in is the booger. Get a good alignment tool, keep checking alignment as you tighten the pressure plate in stages. Definitely replace your pilot bearing too. After you've done this a time or two, you can do it in your sleep. I dropped mine to shim the slave cylinder last night and had it down & back up in under 2 hrs.