Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch wont bleed, do I need adjustable master? (Centerforce Dual Friction)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch wont bleed, do I need adjustable master? (Centerforce Dual Friction)

Alright ive been trying to bleed the clutch forever and it wont bleed at all. Ive tried it all. Someone told me that aftermarket high performance clutches require adjustable masters. Is this true or just a case of bad parts? I think the guy before me used the clutch on stock hydraulics. Anyone?
Old 12-24-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the centerforce DF clutch which I later swapped out to an LS7 clutch but when I had the centerforce clutch I was on stock 98-00 hydraulics. You should be ok with a stock master cylinder. I've always just taken the cap off the clutch fluid resevoir and pump the clutch pedal unitl no bubbles come out of the resevoir. I've never had a problem doing it that way, usaully take about 20-30 slow pumps of the pedal to get all the air out. Good luck!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the slave was emptied, and the master was emptied. I bench bled it, by having the end of the master open and fluid in the reservoir and pumped it but it never got hard so then i stopped. Tried it your way too and it doesnt work. it never changed at all. The pedal is really loose and has no pressure. The slave doesnt leak but I may have bad parts.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

i had the dual friction in a stock 99 with no problem but updated to a 01-01 master and did the drill mod along with a new slave while i was at it, all my parts are new from gm and work great

Quick Reply: Clutch wont bleed, do I need adjustable master? (Centerforce Dual Friction)