Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

i need shim help quick!!

Old 12-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need shim help quick!!

i have a borg warner brute force clutch and flywheel kit installed in my car and recently i had to pull my tranny to replace the slave and master cylinder which is fine but when i went to take the shim out of the old slave cylinder it is shot and broke to pieces and i didnt see anything but the factory on there and it looks like it is messed up as well where can i get the shims to fix this and how do i go about even trying to fix this problem?
Old 12-31-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

The factory throw-out bearing assy didn't come with a shim. If it wasn't supplied with your clutch kit, you shouldn't need one.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Teching In

the clutch was already in there when i bought the car. it looks like the shim is broke in half and half of it is missing. the install university said that they came with a factory metal shim. Everybody told me that you cant just put in a slave cylinder without atleast putting something inside of it to act like a shim. i have the reciept from where a shop put my clutch in but i cant even find a borg warner brute force clutch for a ls1 car. and i dont know how to get ahold of borg warner to even see. How does people even find out what shim to put in there car? shurly there is some sort of a guide to something or other that i should be able to find out what to do.

Search this Thread