Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

BOLTON WS6 need CLUTCH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile BOLTON WS6 need CLUTCH!!!!

OK well i WILL need a clutch eventually, my car has almost 60,000 miles and my buddies go to the drag strip alot and i dont want my clutch to go half way through the summer or something stupid.
I read about people having problems with some Spec Clutchs not lasting long at all, and then people not liking the LS7. I dont know too much about any of them but im not rich and i would like to not worry about my car, i figure the weak part of my car right now is the clutch, the Rear end i heard is stronger then the stock Clutch. I will not ever launch on Slicks so will the rear end take some abuse? also how about the U-Joints.

I dont have Headers or ORY yet but it is deffinitly going on my car eventually, and i figure the clutch is more important. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First off you are going to find someone that doesnt like every clutch it is hit and miss with all of them. There are just to many things that can be wrong, Bad install, hydrolics,pressure plate, clutch, didnt bleed the system right the list goes on and on. The best advise I could give is make sure someone knows what there doing when the install it. If you plan to do it yourself do lots of research first to make sure you get things right. I have done many of them and havent really had problems with centerforce (dfx I think is what it is) which we have used on a few cobras, I have personally used a spec 2 and I thought it was junk but many people have them and love them especially the stage 3. If I were you I would go with the ls7 your not going to be pounding on it that hard and it has a stock feel.
Good luck.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would like to pound on it a lil, but having a good clutch would make me worry alot less i guess. My friends go to the drag strip alot and i will go a lil but i just want my car to last as long as possible but still have fun. I pay alot for my car a month so i was going to use some of my Income Tax return to buy a clutch and i guess i should replace it before it goes right? I dont want to damage anything because the clutch is bad(when it gets bad) thanks.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get the ls7 clutch. For the money, you cant go wrong. If you really want the best, spend over 1000$ on a textralia. But the ls7 is a steal, and very good for the 500 or less hp level.

I mean, come on, if it can handle the 427ci LS7, how bad can it be?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

I was looking into the LS7 clutch and when I called a sponsor on here he flat out told me im better off with the Ram Level 3 power grip I was also interested in. And the sponsor didnt even carry Ram. I am very pleased with it. The car Chirps 4th gear on a Nitto and really puts the power down. After my buddy drove my car he orderd one also and has had awsome results. I went with the ram becauses a couple different sponsors told me that the ram clutch has one of the strongest pressure plates and that was a big consern to me seeing how I blew the stocker to pieces. Oh and I daily drive this clutch as well. It is a little stiff but you'll get used to it! Good luck!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

Almost forgot........ The Ram Level 3 is rated up to 500 HP. And make sure you replace your slave cylinder and master cylinder at the same time as the clutch. And get a billet steel flywheel if its not out of your budget. If it is then check out your stock one and as long as theres no hot spots on it and it looks good then take it to napa and ask them to "lightly" resurface it. But you dont want them to take too much off or your asking for trouble.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Now I do drive my car to work and everywhere else in spring/summer, now like i said if i had just the headers and ORY would i destroy the rearend with driving just on street tires? Will the clutch last extra long because im not going to be close to 500hp?
Old 01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

I'd say LS7. Its a light enough clutch to be sensible for daily driving, yet holds well enough to put new Z06's in the 10's

-Will
Old 01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

well the rear end is gonna take some more abuse with any aftermarket clutch. Most manufactures including Ram recomend doing the drill mod to insure proper engaging and disengaging. It dosent mean that it will last longer cause you dont have that much power it just means that it will hold with out slipping 500 HP. But your rear end will be fine in daily driving. I drove in alot of traffic and it is a chore. Keep in mind I am a Truck driver so im used to it but if your not into it then go with the LS7 clutch. Its more streetable and will be easier on your wallet also. But what ever you decide make sure you do the drill mod and buy the slave and master.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im surprised i didnt get alot of different opinions on what to get. anyone in my situation?
Old 01-13-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so alot of people running the LS7 clutch and like it? Any common problems or are all the problems from the install?
Old 01-13-2008, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Its all on how you break it in. To properly break it in dont beat on it and also keep the revs low for the first 500 miles. And not all "highway miles" but stop and go or city driving. Then you can ease into it after that and enjoy! If you dont break it in then you can run into problems like premature wear and and other bad charactoristics.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure to look at the post by TCW titled LS7 Clutch problems

Quick Reply: BOLTON WS6 need CLUTCH!!!!