Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Thanks Six Speeds Inc!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks Six Speeds Inc!

I was having some problems with my drivetrain, so called them to ask about checking out my transmission. I had just pulled the transmission myself and replaced the slave thinking that might help the shifting and noise issues, but it didnt. I called and asked about dropping the car off and having them pull it and make sure it was running good when it was all done.

I called last Friday morning about scheduling a time to bring it to Houston (I live in Austin now). I couldn't make it in to Houston till about 5pm on Friday, and Amber said they were going to Louisiana on Saturday afternoon to test and tune their car. She said no problem they can work on it Friday night and have it ready by Sat. morning! So I left later that day and dropped it off.

Later they found out it was a clutch friction disk issue, that I had missed when I took it apart myself. I asked them to take the trans. apart anyway to inspect it, and later decided to have them do their rebuild package since it was already apart and ready.

It was ready the next morning, and shifting great again. They even gave me a nice "Ls1tech" discount!

Thanks again Amber and Scott,
Im glad I decided to go with you guys!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Kenneth,

You are more than welcome. You car is super clean and if you ever need anything please call me. Have fun in school now get to to those Books

Amber
Old 01-08-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Scott says to feel free to call if you need anything
Old 01-10-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

kenny does have a nicccceeee car