Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Please Help. Track Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please Help. Track Problems

Ok so last night i took my 98 Trans AM to the track.. It has 26xxx miles on it so its in pretty good shape. My mods are LT-SFC-Cat Back-Lid-315 Nitto DR-and a 100 shot- the first run i did not spray but spun my tires all the way to third..Real shitty track . when i did get to the top end it seem to take a little longer then i like to climb mph.

Ok now... When i did my second pass i sprayed it first it spun of course then second it bit a little but still spun.( then i power shifted to 3 and my rpms just hit from 5500 to 6000 so i shifted to 4 and the rpm just stayed there and my car never seemed to moved hell i even put it in to 5 and it did the same...

Then when i was done my car shut off on my and i felt like i had no clutch at all..

Symptoms after. Very week clutch depressing felt like i only had about 25 percent of the clutch left if that and could bearly get it to move after... OH YEAH the clutch smelt burnt too..

So what im asking is my clutch fucked and is it time to get a new one.. I thought that they were suppose to hold up pretty good.. I thought if anything it would be my rear end going.

By the way i ran a 14.8 and did not touch the gas after the 1/8 mile
Old 01-26-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If your still on your stock clutch it is probably toast, especially with drag radials and 100 shot. some people get lucky and can run a stocker for a while but it is just a matter of time.
Good luck
Old 01-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Thanks thats what i was thinking. sucks i wasent one of the lucky ones. I took it for a drive today and seems to be holding up fine no slippage doing the 6th and 5th gear test but im not to sure if i will take another launch at a track
Old 01-26-2008, 04:38 PM
wrencher

It wont hold up to the track excursions. You need to get another clutch in there, upgrade the hydraulics as wel while your in there.