Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Did I screw up my Spec Stage 2 clutch?

Old 01-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Did I screw up my Spec Stage 2 clutch?

I drove my Stage 2 through quite a bit of city and highway driving, almost 400 miles. Today I was taking off out of a light on a backroad and I noticed the guy behind me was not slowing down AT ALL. I was in 1st and already started to take off (had the clutch out), so I floored it to redline and shifted 2nd real hard, it was still smoking the tires. The idiot just about smashed into me.

I'm afraid I may have glazed or burned my clutch a little bit. Do you think that I messed it up at all? I'm going to drive a couple hundred more miles to break it in more then start to beat the crap out of it. I hope it didn't get fucked up though. Anybody have a similar situation? I had a new flywheel put in at the same time the clutch.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think youll be ok. 400 miles is a good break in.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember, the point of break-in is bedding and heating in the material. Accelerating while in gear as it seems you did is not an issue. As long as you don't slip it agressively, or dump the clutch, or just just beat the ***** off of it during the break-in you should be fine. No worries! Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Search this Thread