Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS7 clutch, need it in hand by Wednesday...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 clutch, need it in hand by Wednesday...

The car is in the shop as we speak getting heads/cam/exhaust installed... and since they are pulling the motor out of the car what better time to install a new clutch!

The car still has the stock clutch, and I was thinking about a LS7 clutch. The car will be driven mainly on the street with a few trips to the track per year... I will have ~450whp.

Thoughts?

Where can I get a clutch in my hands by Wednesday? I live in Atlanta...

Also, any ideas on a flywheels? Keep the stock one or upgrade??

Thanks guys
Old 01-28-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just spoke with a buddy of mine and I told him that I may spray the car with a ~150 shot.... and he says that a LS7 clutch won't be a good choice if I plan to spray the car...

So, what clutch can I install now that has near stock feel and driveability but can support ~600whp and slicks?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

The two options you'd want to look into are either a Textrailia or a Spec 3+, both are very respectable clutches, most people will lean towards the tex, but its also a little more expensive, neither are cheap by any means but they will easily hold the power your looking at and be dependable. Byunspeed is a sponsor on here and can set you up with the tex, i had been speaking to them about it. Good luck with getting in by Wed. i would call up a sponsor and see if you can get overnight shipping asap.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For one you have to use the LS2 flywheel with the LS7 setup. I CETA had H/C/I on it and I also sprayed a 150 shot as well and never had a single problem with the LS7 clutch
Old 01-28-2008, 09:02 PM
9 Second Club

Scoogin-Dickey parts center. I got mine from them and at the time they had the best prices on the kit. Which included the Ls2 flywheel. Ups or Fed ex will get it to you fast. My car is stock so no problems yet.