Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

May be clutch time...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be clutch time...

Unfortunately, I may be looking for a new clutch soon. It's slipping real bad, so it's not too urgent, but it's gonna have to happen sooner or later. Any recommendations? I've been looking at the RAM Street Dual as well as the Ram Powergrip HD Anyone here know much about either of these or have any positive or negative experiences with them? I would like to be able to go with the Powergrip HD seeing as how it's cheaper, but it's recommended for vehicles with up to 600 hp. I currently have the mods in my sig, and am looking at doing a bigger exhaust set-up and maybe a nitrous application in the distant future (125 shot most likely). I put down 420 rwhp with the current clutch and the bent up exhaust, so with a better exhaust I'd probably be looking at around 430 and plus the nitrous is 555ish rwhp, which seems like it might be cutting it awfully close to that recommended 600 mark... What do you guys think?
Old 02-03-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im set on a Textralia OZ700. Really not much more considering it comes with a flywheel. Hear a lot of good things about them too.