Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LT1 Bleeder valve location?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LT1 Bleeder valve location?

All -

I just replace the master and slave on my 96 Formula, and in this process I could not find a traditional bleeder valve in the hyd system to allow air out - am I just overlooking something or is there not a normal bleeder?

I did a bench bleed of the ***'y (by flilling the entire system and pumping the slave several times like the GM service manual instructed), but still think there may be air in the system - as the pedal disengagement point is only 1/4 inch off the floor!

What am I overlooking?

MIKE
Old 02-06-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no Bbleeder valve on the LT1 style hydraulic system. Your going to have re bleed the system again. Take the slave cylinder off and have somebody watching the resevoir. Your going to push push on the push rod slowly and have someone looking to make sure no bubbles are coming out of the system.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, that sucks...

What about using a Mitivac pump on the reservior?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm planning on disconnecting the slave, routing a clear hose from the end of the steel line to the top of the reservior and then using the master cylinder to 'pump' the air out of that portion. I'm hoping that by orienting the slave vertically, and pushing the piston in until fluid reaches the top, that will minimize air in the system - I've got to do something, this current situation is just not good!

Quick Reply: LT1 Bleeder valve location?