Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

where to buy a new t56?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default where to buy a new t56?

Is there anywhere where I can order a new stock t56 transmission? Looking to do a swap and dont want to put my trust in someone else's core and rebuild skills if I dont have to. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I don't know about "stock", but I would recommend Six Speeds Inc for any new T56 transmission. They build some of the best T56s out there and are very reasonably priced as far as these transmissions go. There are a few options in terms of what setup you want, but you really won't go wrong. Give Amber a call and tell her what you're looking for. She'll know exactly what you need.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Launching!

^^+1 theve built mine. the best customer service around handsdown. the have a warranty and competitive prices.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Ive heard nothing but good things about Six Speeds Inc.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Banned

Building a T56 is not something thats uncharted waters . The design of the unit is an evolution from other units that Borg Warner built . I've been building units since 1996 and have built everything from a Muncie M22 Rock Crusher to a ZF 6 spd . I've built both front wheel drive units and rear wheel drive units . The same basic principals apply to all of them . You learn over the years how to tell whats wrong with the unit , how to prevent it from happening again , how to improve upon the design and how to determine whats wrong with the unit before you ever even open it up . Certain units have the same flaws that you see over and over again . Other units simply just wear out over time and never really have any serious issues (mostly Nissan and Toyota designs) .

Go with a company you trust and if YOU personally do not trust the abilities of any certain company or builder , go with a new unit and sell your core on Ebay .
Old 02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure what a completely new t56 would cost, but we'd be glad to build one thats better than new for you for less money.

Our transmissions come with a 12 month warranty and our customer service is second to none. We haven't been a sponsor on here long, but a quick search for us in the sponsor feedback section should yield some results.

Heres a link to our transmission page:

http://www.tick-performance.com/transmission/

Currently we're out of f-body cores, but we'd be glad to source a core for you if needed. Right now we have a waiting list, and it seems t56's are getting harder to find everyday.

Quick Reply: where to buy a new t56?