Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Noise when letting clutch out in reverse and 1st

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Noise when letting clutch out in reverse and 1st

I have this weird noise almost sounds like a cat crying when I let the clutch out in reverse and I can slightly hear in pulling out in first. After that the exhaust is too loud to hear anything else. Car seems to be shifting fine. All brand new parts that are 2500 miles old been in for a year. Tex single disc clutch new GM slave and throughout bearing. One thing I have noticed is every once and a while when shifting hard the pedal goes limp like it almost wants to stay down at the floor?? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

My Centerforce does that too. It made a horrible noise when letting the cluth out for the first 1500mi. Now its just a slight whine and its been in there for about 7k miles. Its a dual friction, I installed a new billet steel flywheel and GM slave cylinder as well.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

What was really strange is today on the dyno the clutch was starting to smoke like it was slipping and or overheating. Let it cool off and ran it again and it was fine. Took it out today on the street and beat on it it seemed to be fine I just never noticed that noise before this morning??
Old 04-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same thing, I think. Can you feel it in the pedal? I can. It's kinda got me worried, but I can't tell a damn thing is wrong with the way it grabs. Find anything to make it better?

Quick Reply: Noise when letting clutch out in reverse and 1st