Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slave cyl

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slave cyl

is there anyway to compress and have the slave stay compressed? should i just bleed the clutch? or something? because i cracked the bleeder when i took the trans out cause i didnt want the pressure to break the seals when it came out... idk.,, anyways is there anyway to compress it and have it compressed? or should i try to draw it in with the bolts....?
Old 03-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Launching!

let me rephrase that... lol

is there any way that the slave will stay compressed, so i dont have to fight it to get the transmission to meet up with the bellhousing? i had the bleeder cracked but... still didnt seem to want to go in,, all tips helpful..

michael
Old 03-02-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's not the slave that you are fighting--as long as it's on straight. If you mean that last half inch or so it may be your PP springs. Try putting the bolts in and tightening them slowly from side to side to pull it up. There shouldn't be much resistance. If it doesn't move, you have a different problem.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Launching!

all the parts are new(new salve/master new pp/t.o. bearing/clutch/flywheel) ive taken them all off and on twice so far, and the first time the tranny slid right in no problem, i thought maybe im having the problem now because i have bled the slave, and its not staying where its supposed to or something... if i accidentally left the bleeder closed would that have any effect? because when i put it on the first time i THINK it was closed then as well.. but im not 100% sure..

thanks for the quick response,

michael
Old 03-02-2008, 01:22 AM
Launching!

also, the first time we put the trans in, it slid in perfectly.. idk if maybe this time we didnt have it at the right angle or something.. i slid the alignment tool in and out three or 4 times all the way in and its the same as it was before, maybe we had the trans at a wrong angle or something? but the trans to bellhousing was about an inch or so off from meeting up...

michael