Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Gotta few question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gotta few question...

ok, i bought my camaro in early august
had a centerforce dual friction clutch in it, 2nd gear was already kinda fishy sometimes but other then that everything worked just fine
i bought some eibach prokit for it and dropped it, everything still ran fine.....then a few months later the tranny started slowly going out....by the time i switched it, all i had was 1st gear, and reverse.....it seemed like 3rd gear would go in gear but you had to grind the **** out of it before it would go in gear..... well yesterday i left that same clutch in there cause it was still good,

My only questions are, would the drop without relocation bracket change the pinion angle enough to throw out the transmission ? or was it the clutch all along, clutch seemed to always work fine and hold very well
Old 03-05-2008, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

?????
Old 03-05-2008, 03:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it's clutch or the drop. Chances are with that type of clutch in the car before you got it, the previous owner was harsh on the tranny and it was going to fail whether you dropped it or not. I take it you already have a new tranny in it? Just keep an eye on the clutch fluid. If it starts to darken or turns black then you need to flush it. You might try wrapping the clutch line with some header wrap, I've heard this helps alot. I just did mine cause after 1,000 miles my fluid had already started turning dark. Just cheap insurance.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Ya we tried bleeding the clutch for like an hour, and the pedal didnt stiffen ANY, well actually just a LIL
Old 03-06-2008, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boofthese
Ya we tried bleeding the clutch for like an hour, and the pedal didnt stiffen ANY, well actually just a LIL
Sounds like the master may be going out then. My Mcleod did that to me the other day. So to get me by, I went and got one from OReillys for like $80 and it surprisingly works great. Waiting on a rebuild kit for the Mcleod.

Quick Reply: Gotta few question...