Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Anticipation

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Clutch Anticipation

So, for some reason, when the clutch is depressed on my turbo TA, I now have a 2,000 rpm rev limiter... sounds like fuel cutoff, but anyway, I can free rev the engine with my foot off the clutch, but as soon as I put my foot on it, it now goes "rum.... rum.... rum.... rum...." in a pattern. Let off, and it revs fine. I disconnected the anticipation switch and it does it whether I have my foot on the clutch or not. If I plug it in, and push the clutch in, and push the switch in, I can rev it. No one seems to want to help out with this, and I sure would like to get it working right before I sell it. I would REALLY appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance...

Tony
Old 03-25-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm...I'm jealous...I've been trying to program this two-step capability into my car for the past year, but I can't get it to limit with the clutch without it affecting 1st & 2nd gear as well.

Is this something new that has cropped up? At first glance, it sounds like some values in the RPM Limit vs. Gear table have been changed. There's also one or two constant parameters that need to be changed, but I don't have my tuning software on this 'puter, so I can't recall what they are at the moment. Have you had the PCM reflashed recently?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fran D
Hmmm...I'm jealous...I've been trying to program this two-step capability into my car for the past year, but I can't get it to limit with the clutch without it affecting 1st & 2nd gear as well.

Is this something new that has cropped up? At first glance, it sounds like some values in the RPM Limit vs. Gear table have been changed. There's also one or two constant parameters that need to be changed, but I don't have my tuning software on this 'puter, so I can't recall what they are at the moment. Have you had the PCM reflashed recently?
I know, I'd be happy if it actually worked. I had Jess @ W4M reflash it for the 6.0 vs the hotcammed ls1 with headers and what not. Idles night and day difference now, but this problem happened as soon as I got it back. Talked with him on the phone last week about it and he claims he never touched it, and not sure why it'd be doing that, so not very helpful. Now again, it's my problem to deal with, without help... =\
Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 PM
12 Second Club

I'm still trying to get this fixed. Anyone? Anything?
Old 03-27-2008, 05:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 67Firebird455
...I had Jess @ W4M reflash it for the 6.0 vs the hotcammed ls1 with headers and what not. Idles night and day difference now, but this problem happened as soon as I got it back.
I hate to say it, but this sounds like the smoking gun. Would it be too difficult for you to have him reflash it with the previous tune (assuming that file has been saved) just to see if it the situation still exists? I don't know if you had to travel far to have this done in the first place. Otherwise, it's a quick 5 minute experiment.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

That's what I thought, but when I talked to him on the phone, he seemed pissed that I even implied that it could be his tune that was causing the problem. I'll just send it back and have it retuned... damn car is sitting anyway, what's it gonna hurt? Appreciate the post though man, good to see someone cares.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 67Firebird455
...he seemed pissed that I even implied that it could be his tune that was causing the problem.
I'm not sure why he would take that attitude. Most tuners have no problem going back to the previous set to see if there was, indeed, an issue. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fran D
I'm not sure why he would take that attitude. Most tuners have no problem going back to the previous set to see if there was, indeed, an issue. I hope it all works out for you.
Thanks a bunch. I don't want to go to the previous tune because the damn thing would idle like hell, and if you revved it, it would idle down and die. Restart, idle like hell again but didn't do this rum rum rum crap either. Trying to work out some damn bugs so I can get some $ for this car. I've lost my *** something fierce on this one.