Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch out of adjustment??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch out of adjustment??

Hey guys... I recently bought an 02 SS so I'm relatively new here....

I'm having an issue with the clutch... It's a Spec Stage 2 Clutch.... When I purchased the vehicle the clutch would fully engage JUST BEFORE the clutch pedal was all the way out... So it's scared me from day 1. The clutch is literally disengaged less than an inch of pedal pressing. Well, now if it's in 4th, 5th, or 6th gears (or even sometimes in lower gears) just cruising along at like 1500rpm and I just push on the gas pedal the clutch slips... But if I put it back into about 1st or 2nd and get on it, it grabs hard... It's pretty strange, but like I said I know the clutch is for SOME REASON adjusted wayyyy too far out. Stock master cylinder... I've been hearing something about spacers for these clutches?? Do the spacers make it engage sooner or later?? Could I possibly be missing my spacer? Or do I need to take it out?? It's getting worse, so I'm afraid before long it'll let me down completely. Should I perform the Master Cylinder mod to make it adjustable? Or should I go in and play with the clutch itself??

Thanks!
Brad

02 SS
Patriot Stage 2 Heads, Comp .595 cam, Spec Stage 2 Clutch, etc.... 408RWHP
Old 03-27-2008, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most likely you have the Spec spacer behind your slave cylinder and it needs removed. Bummer is you have to pull the daggum trans to do that. I had the same thing happen to me with my Spec 3 clutch......slipped all over the place with the shim installed, removed it and it holds like a SOB.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Man I sure do appreciate it... so the shim needs to be REMOVED for it to engage sooner... Thanks!
Old 04-20-2008, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

so how about mine is doing the same thing but i dont have the spacer so do i need to install that spacer????

Quick Reply: Clutch out of adjustment??