Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

No Pressure @ Clutch Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Pressure @ Clutch Pedal

I installed my Stage 3 RAM today, but I'm only getting some pressure at the clutch pedal. I kept bleeding it & it is slowly building pressure. I gave up after the 15th time bleeding it. I doubt is the master cylinder because it was shifting just fine before taking it down. Is it just a long process because my buddy says he's had this trouble with hydraulic clutches & it takes a long time? I'm pumping the pedal about 30 full strokes from top to bottom with the bleeder closed, after that I held down the clutch pedal & opened the bleeder at the same time, pulled the clutch pedal up after the bleeder is closed, then repeated this step. Its not losing brake fluid, with the only exception of me bleeding it.

I "THINK" I have all the air out, but maybe i'm just retarded. I've also tried pumping the clutch pedal with out bleeding & it seems to be slowly working. It did NOT want to go into reverse or first gear & all the other gears I had to put the force of God on it to make it go in. After trying this method it, all the gears go in a bit uneasy with the exception of first & reverse. I am able to struggle with first a little bit & then get it in, but have to put the force of God on reverse. The clutch pedal "SEEMS" to be building pressure with about a half inch to an inch of play before actually feeling te pressure. I think that is too much play, but i dont know. I've given up for the night because my leg freakin hurts. Now do I keep repeating the tradtional bleed method because the possibility of air being in the system + plus the "pump only" method I've started doing? Could it be possible that the system could be doing the same thing even with a new Master Cylinder? I've spent the same amount of time bleeding the system as I did putting on the new clutch Any LS1techer's inputs would highly be appreciated at this time!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

DONT pump the pedal.

Push pedal down
Open bleeder
Close bleeder
Pull pedal up and leave it up for 30 or so seconds
Repeat
Check res.

That or get a mity vac
Old 04-09-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

i bled mine from the master and from the tranny to get all the bubbles out and i did pump mine to get the air to the bleeder worked fine
Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Teching In

I think I've tried bleeding this every way possible except with MityVac.... Which I did go out and purchase today!!!!! One problem though..... How the hell do you reach the bleeder!?!?!?!?
Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jasey
I think I've tried bleeding this every way possible except with MityVac.... Which I did go out and purchase today!!!!! One problem though..... How the hell do you reach the bleeder!?!?!?!?

N/M I found it in the "Manual Transmission Faqs" sticky. So I gota cut out part of the floor just to reach the bleeder screw.