Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pedals install

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pedals install

Hey those who have done A4 to M6 swaps can i leave the pedals in and drill the hole and put the master cylinder in with out taking the pedals out again it was alot harder to put them in then i thought it would be. So seeing if i could leave them in perpently now
Old 04-23-2008, 02:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

I was kinda wondering the same thing im getting ready to do the swap myself. Did you remove the steering colum when you installed your pedals?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

You may not have to completely "remove" the pedal assembly to drill the holes, etc., but you do have to "move" them out of the way . It's sort of like "rolling" them around the steering column to get them in/out!

And no, I didn't pull my steering column to swap the pedals. It wasn't that hard to work around (IMO). Getting the f'ing master cylinder in place is 100X harder! (shy of pulling off the brake booster, there is NO easy way of getting at that ****! ).
Old 04-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Staging Lane

Yea i removed mine it made it alot easier there is alot of room with that thing out of there just unpluging everything is kinda of a pain.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats cool, Im prob. going to move my brake booster out of the way if its not too much of a pain. and I dont know if I will remove the column or not yet, prob going to wait and see how things go.

But is it possible to remove the cable that goes from the shifter to the column without removal of the column?(I dont know what this is called)

Good luck with drilling the holes, let us know how it turned out and what method you used.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I removed the steering column when I did my swap. Makes mounting the pedals a ton easier and installing the master is cake that way. I drilled the hole for the master cylinder with the pedals already mounted.

Quick Reply: Pedals install