Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ATTN: Spec Stage 1 users and ex-users

Old 04-22-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ATTN: Spec Stage 1 users and ex-users

I had a spec stage 1 along with a unused, stock, OEM flywheel installed 3.5 months/2100 mi ago. Since having the clutch installed at a professional tranny shop, i pretty much babied the clutch until now. Even after 2000 easy miles on the clutch, i was still experiencing some chatter, but not too much. I gave spec a pm on the board and Jeremy told me to be more aggressive on the clutch, but nothing too extreme.

i have gotten more aggressive on the clutch in the past few days and have noticed some improvement. I just want to know what users of spec stage 1 clutches think about this product. How long was your break in period? What do you think about this clutch? How many miles have you put on ur clutch so far? how long did this clutch last for you? would you buy another one? etc. thank youuuu
Old 04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

How much rpm are you giving the clutch?

Do you have stock gearing? 3:42's tend to make an aggressive clutch chatter a little more since the car is working harder to get off the line from a stop.

The past few Spec Stg 3's i've installed didn't chatter at all. Just depends on how you drive it, and gearing.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i give it ~1200 rpms when its engaging. i do notice most of the chatter happens when i give it less than 1200 or so. Jeremy at spec recommended i drive it harder to make the clutch seat better

Search this Thread