Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hmmm Clutchs Clutchs Clutchs

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 06:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hmmm Clutchs Clutchs Clutchs

well im looking at putting in a new clutch soon, mine seems to love the floor after a good run and ive replaced the master cyl and did the drill out trick and still loves to take a seat on the floor although not as bad as before, but anywho I was wondering witch would be the best bang for my buck. Ive heard good and bad about spec,ram and centerforce. spec 3 seems like the best deal cause of the power they say they hold but what about drive ability?
i want to get this clutch and be able to put heads cam and 150shot on it without thinking im burning it up.
would like to stay in the 500$ +/- range for this. so spec3+ or spec 3 or RAM HD, oh i dont know plz let me know what you think.

Stock 01 t/a m6, driver mod,lid,ported tb,crane wires,tr55's
full exhaust coming really soon
Old 04-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

got 150 miles on my spec3 and billet flywheel no launches yet they said to run it for 500 miles before that but so far so good a little stiff if u dnt mind that
Old 04-29-2008, 11:41 AM
FormerVendor

Stage 3+ will be more drivable and have a higher torque capacity...so that would be my immediate response based on the info above. Of course, there are lots of folks that daily drive stage 3's too. That being said, it comes down to preference. Do you have any access to cars with the stage 3 or 3+. If so, try driving them both and base your decision on your experience. If not, the keep in mind that the 3+ will have more progressive engagement and thus less tendency to chatter. If that is important to you than I say stage 3+. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I just installed a SPEC 3+, got about 120 miles so far. There's a slight shudder leaving from a stop or if I shift too slow. Otherwise, I wouldn't know the difference from stock. I'll update when I get a few more miles on it.

Quick Reply: Hmmm Clutchs Clutchs Clutchs