Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch hydraulics

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch hydraulics

I just installed a new master cylinder and bled it quite a bid and it still doesnt have that great of a pedal. I installed an ls7 clutch in the process. We bench bled the master and put a mity vac on the reservoir and had no air come out.

So i guess my question is where is the most likely place in the hydraulic system for air to be trapped. Has anyone ever tried putting the mity vac on the slave and try to pull air out that way? Not really sure the best way to get all the air out because traditional bleeding isnt helping. Anyone have any advice?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

try it. you would prolly have to keep the res full at ALL times but no reason becides no room it wouldnt work that way
Old 05-21-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bench bled my master after I did the drill mod to it. I had a spare slave which I put in a vice and simply kept doing the pump then close method. I left it hanging overnight with a FULL reservoir.

In the morning I found that air had made it's way back into the reservoir to take up almost half the space of it. If I hadn't put the master in a particular angle to allow the air up the line, it would not have come out.

Keep bleeding it, then put the mityvac on it then bleed it again until you get proper pedal pressure. With the way the master is bolted in, air can get trapped in there indefinitely.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

+1 on this, it can take a long time to get all the air out, I bleed mine the traditional way prolly over 10 times and then Mity Vac'ed it on a least 4 times, 2 before i drove it, and 2 more after i drove it for a while, pedal finally feels good now. It can take a while sometime