Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Might Vac bleed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Might Vac bleed?

http://performanceworks1.com/ls1_clutch_bleeding.htm
Can anyone elaborate on these instructions? Does this just take the air out? When all the air is gone and I remove the nozzle is that when the fluid will fill the line? So I should make sure and top off the resivour.
Thanks
Jerrad
Old 05-18-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just did this and it makes bleeding the clutch 10 times easier. All you have to do is assemble the Mity Vac till it looks like the pics in the link above^^^^ Take the end and stick it in the hole in the bottom of the master res. pump it till it gets about 12hg, and then it will hold its self in the hole, get someone to pump the clutch pedal, while they are doing this you are under the hood watching for air bubbles coming up the line and making sure you keep the resivor full of fluid. (as you pump the pedal it will go down a little bit and the Mity Vac will suck some out as well) you dont wanna let the fluid level get too low or you will suck in air. keep slowly pumping the clutch untill you dont see anymore air coming up through the line out of the res. ( you might have to pump the pedal and repeat the process a couple a times to get all the air out. when you dont see anymore bubbles coming up out of the res. then hit the release lever with the end of the tube still in the res. Pump you pedal up till it gets hard and you should be good to go.

? did you bench bleed the master before it was installed. if not your going to have a hard time getting all the air out. prob half way impossible.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

It was installed by the caddy dealership so I don't know what they did. They supposedly bled it a couple times but I still get the peddle sticking to the floor. They are about worthless so my dad and I are going to give it a try.

How does fluid get into the line if you have the hoel plugged with the line from the mighty vac?

Thanks a ton for the response
Old 05-19-2008, 12:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

you just need to make sure you keep fluid in the resivor, there is already fluid in the line all your basicly doing is sucking the air out of the system. just make sure you keep fluid in the res. and you will be fine.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks alot man. Guess I get to tackle this sat.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

just did this!, i was trying to bleed it before without a mighty vac.. i was using the pump the pedal method, hold the pedal down, crank the bleeder on the slave, close the slave bleeder, then pump the pedal etc. I did this like 7 times, cleared 3 reseviours. That's enough for me, bought a mighty vac, took 5-10 minutes, things are very simple when ya have the right tools